Extremely competitive Round 3 of the Community Childcare Fund is now open!
There is up to $117.4 million available under this grant opportunity. The purpose of these grants is to support services in disadvantaged and vulnerable communities. Funding will be available under three elements: sustainability, community, and capital. Eligible applicants can submit one application for each of the elements and services funded in rounds 1 and 2 can apply to round 3.
The key dates and eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Applications strictly close at 11:00pm AEDT on Monday 22 February 2021.
- You must be a CCS approved provider that meets one of the below:
- Located in or servicing families from a priority area
- Regional, remote, or very remote
- Providing specialised services to vulnerable or disadvantaged sector
- Funded in round 1 or 2
- Must submit the form online via GrantsHub (no fax or email)
Please click here to find Priority Areas defined by the department.
There are three grants that can be applied for which are:
- Sustainability Support
- Community Support
- Capital Support
1. Sustainability Support grants can be used for activities such as:
- implementing changes to business practices and introducing innovative solutions to improve the sustainability and viability of a childcare service
- meeting standard childcare operating costs during transition to a more sustainable business model
- helping with the costs of providing childcare in unviable markets where a service is providing the most effective model of care for the community.
Click here If you are looking to submit a Sustainability Support application between $2,000 and $200,000.
2. Community Support grants can be used for activities such as:
- linking childcare services with relevant local organisations to work together to address community level barriers to childcare participation and ultimately deliver increased childcare utilisation
- building relationships with vulnerable and disadvantaged families with children who currently do not use childcare
- providing transport assistance to facilitate attendance by isolated families
- developing and implementing a community stakeholder engagement plan for a childcare service.
Click here If you are looking to submit a Sustainability Support application between $5,000 and $100,000 per annum.
3. Capital Supportgrants can be used for proposals such as:
- extending or modifying an existing childcare centre
- extending or modifying a community centre or other building that will be used for childcare
- building a new childcare centre.
Any building built, extended or modified using grant funding from the capital works element must be used for the intended purpose for an agreed period (called the designated use period). The designated use period will be agreed between the department and the applicant, and will reflect the level of government funding.
Please note that the capital support grant is a co-contribution project. Applicants are required to contribute at least 50% of the total cost of the project.
Click here If you are looking to submit a Capital Support application between $50,000 and $150,000 per annum.
If you are looking for some more information, contact Link Advisors and we can point you in the right direction.