With the global COVID-19 pandemic prompting strict regulations on Australians, many businesses have had to temporarily close or change their operations. Thankfully, the Federal and Queensland Governments have released roadmaps of their plan to ease lock down restrictions in the coming weeks and months. Additional templates and guidelines have also been released, designed to help businesses manage risk and protect workers in preparation for reopening, as well as assist those continuing to operate.
All businesses in Queensland will be required to implement a plan responding to COVID-19 and the Queensland Health issued directives. Additionally, some businesses may need to sign and complete a COVID Safe Industry Checklist. You should display this plan and checklist as evidence for inspection by Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Officers, proving your business is COVID Safe if required. The Queensland Government has already published checklists for beauty therapy services, as well as businesses that provide dine-in for customers such as cafes, restaurants, pubs and hotels.
There are a number of resources that will help your business prepare to reopen or continue to operate safely. We’ve provided a list of them for you below:
- The Roadmap to Easing Queensland’s Restrictions will allow you to check when your business is able to reopen if it has been forced to close.
- The National COVID-19 Coordination Commission's planning tool can help you to devise and implement a response plan for your business.
- Safe Work Australia has released COVID-19 information and resource packs, including a series of industry guides.
- A guide to keep your workplace safe, clean and healthy has been released by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
- The Queensland Government’s COVID Safe Checklist for is a guide for what your need to do to safely reopen your business. The checklist for beauty therapy services can be downloaded here, while you can download the checklist for businesses providing dine-in services here.
It is important to stay updated during these times, with changes to regulations occurring frequently. If you want to know what else you can do to prepare your business for reopening, contact Link Advisors today.