The JobKeeper extension (JobKeeper 2.0) will continue for eligible businesses in two phases:
- from 28 September 2020 to 3 January 2021 (December quarter 2020), and
- from 5 January 2021 to 28 March 2021 (March quarter 2021)
Eligibility will be tested for both phases as follows:
- Businesses will be eligible for the December quarter extension where they have experienced a 30% reduction in turnover in the September quarter 2020 compared to the September quarter 2019 OR an allowed alternative period if the same period last year is not an appropriate comparison.
- Businesses will be eligible for the March quarter extension where they have experienced a 30% reduction in turnover in the December quarter 2020 compared to the December quarter 2019 an allowed alternative period if the same period last year is not an appropriate comparison.
If you are intending on claiming the JobKeeper extension, it will be critical to determine if you satisfy the 30% reduction in turnover test.
Today we are asking you, how can we help you with the JobKeeper Extension? Some of the areas that we can offer assistance are:
- Advice on eligibility for claiming the JobKeeper extension
- Enrolling for the JobKeeper Extension
- Setting up Xero correctly for JobKeeper extension payroll processing
- Completing the monthly JobKeeper extension reporting
If any of these sounds like something you could use a hand with reach out to our team.